9 Best Spring Wedding Barn Reception Ideas
When it comes to your wedding reception, the seasons are always a great source of inspiration. The best spring wedding ideas capture everything that’s great about this pretty time of year. Here are 9 brilliant ideas for barn weddings that really are full of the joys of spring!
Nature Knows Best
We all love watching everything bloom and blossom in spring so this is definitely the season to be inspired by nature. Your wedding reception will look all the more beautiful when you include plenty of natural details. And, remember that using spring flowers and seasonal blooms can be great for your budget too.
1. Seed Favours. Little packets of seeds make great wedding favours. Encourage guests to ‘let love grow’ with a seasonal seed mix that could also include flowers from your bouquet. Packets can double up as place cards or display them all in an old wheelbarrow and encourage guests to help themselves.
2. Spring Blossom. Is there anything prettier? Use it in garlands or table centres. Blossom branches can also decorate table plans, cake tables and ceremonies. Don’t forget to move them from your ceremony to your wedding reception!
3. Floral Circlets. Big floral hoops and circlets are big news this year and they look amazing with spring flowers, hung behind a ceremony or top table. Their organic, natural look is completely on trend.
Of course, flowers are just one element of your wedding reception decoration. These spring wedding ideas are great for barn weddings, especially if you like the thought of a little wedding DIY.
4. Pretty Pastels. If there’s one season where pastels are a must, it’s spring. Create your own table centres by simply saving up jars and tins and painting them with pastel chalk paints. Group them together on wood slices on your tables, add spring flowers and enjoy all the compliments.
5. Lanterns & Lights. Spring is brilliant because you can enjoy slightly longer days but also make the most of darker evenings. Fill your wedding reception with fairy lights and lanterns with flickering candles to turn your evening reception into a magical party.
6. Wooden Details. Wooden elements always look great at barn weddings. Use them to welcome guests, outline the timings for the day or to point everyone in the right direction for the ceremony, drinks reception and party!
Perfect & Practical Wedding Ideas
Some of the best spring wedding ideas are practical as well as pretty. Guests will always appreciate thoughtful touches so include a few to make everyone smile.
7. It’s great to be outside during a spring evening but the nights can still be chilly. Keep a basket of blankets on hand for anyone who’s feeling the cold.
8. We all know the rhyme about April showers so make sure umbrellas are always available for you and your guests. Don’t let a little bit of rain affect your wedding reception plans!
9. Food & Drink. The team at Rivervale Barn are experts in using seasonal produce so why not create a menu that’s perfect for spring? And before you ask, wood-fired pizza is a must-have for the evening at any time of year!
It’s a beautiful time of year to visit Rivervale Barn and see our fabulous wedding venue in Hampshire for yourself. We’d love to welcome you to the barn for your personal showround so do get in touch to book your visit now. We’re also here to answer any questions that you might have on 01252 413232 or via email@example.com
LATEST AT RIVERVALE BARN
REAL LIFE WEDDING – A Blush Pink Summer Wedding
Maxine and Michael’s summer wedding day at Rivervale Barn was simply perfect….
REAL LIFE WEDDING – A Vintage Summer
Lucinda and Rob planned the most wonderful early summer wedding at Rivervale…
REAL LIFE WEDDING – Spring Romance
As soon as Tammy and Paul started to plan their big day,…